Owing to the continued growth of BMC Anesthesiology, we are now recruiting new Editorial Board Members to join our international Editorial Board.
We encourage applications from researchers with a background in a range of subject areas, broadly covered by the below:
- Airway and respiratory management
- Critical care
- Pain management and analgesia
- General pharmacology and pharmacokinetics
- Perioperative medicine and outcome
- Anesthesia and perioperative care for solid organ transplantation
BMC Anesthesiology scope and ethos
BMC Anesthesiology is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of anesthesiology, critical care, perioperative care and pain management, including clinical and experimental research into anesthetic mechanisms, administration and efficacy, technology and monitoring, and associated economic issues.
We do not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
We are interested in individuals who are committed to open access, data sharing and innovation in scientific publishing.
Suitable candidates should:
- have a minimum of fifteen (15) research papers published in reputable, English language, peer-reviewed journals;
- be frequently listed as corresponding author (first or last author) during the last five years;
have demonstrable expertise that fits within the scope and the need of the journal.
Suitable Editorial Board Members for BMC Anesthesiology also must:
- support the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards, and policies, and be a committed advocate who will represent BMC Anesthesiology within the scientific community;
- provide a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensures that manuscripts they are responsible for fulfil the requirements of the Journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer review.
Role and responsibilities
The Editorial Board Member is primarily responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting suitable reviewers who meet the Journal’s requirements and recommending decisions on the basis of the peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while adhering to the Journal’s editorial policies.
An Editorial Board Member for BMC Anesthesiology should be engaged and willing to handle a minimum of twelve (12) manuscripts per year across a range of disciplines within their broader subject area.
Our Editorial Board Members will receive training, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support. The Editorial Board Member will report to the Editor.
If you are interested in becoming an Editorial Board Member for BMC Anesthesiology and meet the criteria listed above, please click here to submit your application.