Owing to the continued growth of BMC Anesthesiology, we are now recruiting new Associate Editors to join our international Editorial Board.
We encourage applications from researchers with a background in a range of subject areas, broadly covered by the below:
- Airway and respiratory management
- Critical care
- Pain management and analgesia
- General pharmacology and pharmacokinetics
- Perioperative medicine and outcome
- Anesthesia and perioperative care for solid organ transplantation
BMC Anesthesiology scope and ethos
BMC Anesthesiology is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of anesthesiology, critical care, perioperative care and pain management, including clinical and experimental research into anesthetic mechanisms, administration and efficacy, technology and monitoring, and associated economic issues.
We do not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
We are interested in individuals who are committed to open access, data sharing and innovation in scientific publishing.
Our Associate Editors should have a minimum of 15 research papers published in reputable peer-review journals.
A suitable Associate Editor for BMC Anesthesiology is as someone who:
- Supports the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards, and policies, and is a committed advocate who will represent BMC Anesthesiology within the scientific community.
- Provides a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensures that manuscripts they are responsible for fulfill the requirements of the Journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer review.
Role and responsibilities
The Associate Editor is primarily responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting suitable reviewers who meet the Journal’s requirements and recommending decisions on the basis of the peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while adhering to the Journal’s editorial policies.
An Associate Editor for BMC Anesthesiology should be engaged and willing to handle a minimum of two manuscripts per month within their field of expertise.
Our Associate Editors will receive training, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support. The Associate Editor will report to the Editor and Section Editor.
If you are interested in becoming an Associate Editor for BMC Anesthesiology, please send your full academic CV and a short cover letter that details your interest and enthusiasm for the position to BMCSeriesEditorialBoard@biomedcentral.com. Please ensure to include 'BMC Anesthesiology' in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you.