As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Last month in BMC Anesthesiology
Comparison of analgesic effect of oxycodone and morphine on patients with moderate and advanced cancer pain: a meta-analysis
Call for papers: Anesthesia depth assessment
In order to recognize the significant advancements in anesthesia depth assessment, we have decided to launch a BMC Anesthesiology collection that focuses on the potential tools and associated therapies.Read More
Aims and scope
BMC Anesthesiology is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of anesthesiology, critical care, perioperative care and pain management, including clinical and experimental research into anesthetic mechanisms, administration and efficacy, technology and monitoring, and associated economic issues.
The journal welcomes manuscripts in the following broad areas of research:
- Establishment and maintenance of airways and respiratory control, as well as associated complications.
- Critical care and ICU medicine.
- Management of pain in all settings.
- Pharmacology and pharmacokinetics of anesthetic and analgesic compounds, as well as other more laboratory focused and experimental studies.
- Anesthesia in the pre-, intra- and post-operative settings. Studies concerning the outcome of patients when this is related to operative anesthesia will also be considered.
- Anesthesia and perioperative care for patients requiring organ transplantation, including liver, kidney, pancreas, intestine, heart, lung, multiorgan transplantation as well as transplantations that not fully established yet such as face, uterus and extremity transplantation.
We are recruiting new Associate Editors to join our international Editorial Board, helping to provide expertise on a wide range of subjects within the area of anesthesiology and critical care.
Guangde Tu, BMC Series, Shanghai
James Edwards, BMC Series, London
The BMC Series Editorial site serves as a home for editorial board resources and as an online community, facilitating interaction and networking between the editorial board and the BMC series in-house team.
BMC Series Blog
23 September 2021
23 September 2021
22 September 2021
Annual Journal Metrics
57 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only
40 days to first decision for all manuscripts
149 days from submission to acceptance
13 days from acceptance to publication
492 Altmetric Mentions